Copying and pasting between your browser and the labs is an important aspect of the Immersive Labs platform. Many labs – particularly contained ones – use ‘tokens’, which are randomly generated strings of numbers and letters that we use to prove you reached a specific point. Sometimes the questions in the labs will need you to copy and paste these tokens and other text between the lab and your browser.
To copy and paste from the lab to your browser
1) First, highlight the token – you do not need to right click or press control C, you just need to highlight the string of text that you wish to copy.
2) Next, simultaneously press Control Alt Shift on your keyboard. This will open the copy/paste panel, where you will see that the highlighted text appears in the top text box.
3) Highlight this text, and copy it in the usual way.
4) Close the copy/paste panel by pressing Control Alt Shift again.
5) Go to the Questions panel, and paste in your token in the usual way. Done!
To copy and paste from your browser to the lab
1) Highlight a string of text in your browser and copy it in the usual way.
2) Left click into the lab to refocus and press Control Alt Shift. This will open the copy/paste panel.
3) Paste your text into the copy/paste panel in the usual way.
4) Close the copy/paste panel by pressing Control Alt Shift and refocus on your lab by left clicking your mouse.
5) Find where you want to paste your text, and simply right click. That’s that!
We have a lab dedicated to using the clipboard if you want to practise copying and pasting between labs and your browser. You can find this under ‘Using Immersive Labs’ in the Knowledge section and via the link below.
It’s over to you – why not have a go at the lab?