Where it all began
James Hadley founded Immersive Labs in January 2017 after delivering GCHQ’s cyber summer school. It was during these sessions he realised that passive, classroom-based learning doesn’t suit the people, or pace, of cyber security. Not only did the content date quickly, its one-dimensional nature meant the creative minds in the room would quickly disengage. James decided that a practical online solution was necessary – but that it must go beyond interactive content and allow learners to handle live threats, thus equipping them with skills suited to real-world cyber roles.
Where we are now
In the two years since James founded Immersive Labs, we’ve grown to 70 employees in our Bristol HQ, opened offices in NY and London, and announced series A funding – led by now-customer Goldman Sachs – of $8 million. Our technology is already helping nearly 100 enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Grant Thornton, Sophos and the NHS, while around 2,500 labs are completed every single day.
Our MissionImmersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We are transforming the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with constantly updated content informed by real-world events and threats.
Our Senior Management Team
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Strategy Officer
Head of Sales
Strategic Accounts Director
Chief Cyber Officer
Our Advisory BoardOur globally renowned advisory board offers Immersive Labs unparalleled industry knowledge with excellent understandings of the cyber threat landscape, as well as valuable insight into the inner workings of HR and the cyber recruitment challenges facing enterprise businesses.
- Robert Hannigan
- Matt Lewis, NCC Research Director
- Vincenzo Iozzo, Director, Crowdstrike
- Lord Anthony St John of Bletso
- Karel Obluk, General Partner, Evolution Equity Partners
- Jane Orme, Corporate Development Director, Venture Equity Partners
- Dr. Andy Ozment, CISO, Goldman Sachs
- Mark Sutton CISO, Bain Capital
- Richard Lewis, consultant and former Vice President of Secureworks
- Rob Knake, Senior Research Scientist, Northeastern University